IDSentry Advanced Patient Matching
Finally, a Solution to Identify Costly Duplicate Records
Why is it that certain problems don’t to get better over time? Have you wondered why modern-day EHRs continue to produce duplicate record rates that hover between 8 and 12%? Knowing the ongoing risks and implications to patient care and revenue cycle, plus the focused attention by the ONC and CHIME, it makes you wonder what difficulties keep a solution out of reach.
The answer is actually straightforward. While EHRs are incredibly powerful at managing overall patient populations, many of them utilize strict matching rules on name and demographics or they leverage rudimentary fuzzy logic algorithms that don’t hold up when multiple data discrepancies arise.
Certainly, robust enterprise master patient index systems (EMPIs) have stepped in and do a good job of reducing record duplicates. But, because EMPIs solve many more problems beyond duplicate record identification, there are times when these systems are like the proverbial “sledgehammer used on a tack.”
Do you wonder if a simpler, more cost-effective solution exists? It does. Introducing IDSentryTM advanced patient matching algorithm from Just Associates, your trusted source in data integrity solutions.
A Focused Patient Matching Algorithm
Designed specifically for acute care hospitals and integrated delivery networks like yours, IDSentry identifies possible duplicate medical records in EHR systems that use basic or intermediate fuzzy-matching techniques. IDSentry identifies 50% to 80% more true duplicates than EHRs with basic algorithms and 30-50% more than those with intermediate patient matching algorithms.
What makes IDSentry so powerful is an advanced algorithm that identifies duplicates when multiple discrepancies exist across patient names, addresses, birthdates, Social Security numbers, gender and other demographic data.
Even more compelling is the cost. Because IDSentry is delivered as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering, your costs are predictable and affordable, costing a fraction of your EHR implementation and many times less than a full-function EMPI. For most healthcare organizations, IDSentry can reduce overall costs by 40% or greater when compared to more costly alternatives.
Coupled with Just Associates’ IDManage® ongoing MPI management solution for full and ongoing duplicate resolution, your healthcare organization can enjoy a true, comprehensive and affordable data integrity solution.
How It Works
- IDSentry receives HL7 ADT messages from your registration system, along with pre-registration events and demographic updates, providing a mirror-image of your patient demographic records
- Without storing visit or encounter-level data, the IDSentry database utilizes previous name, birthdates, Social Security Number, address and phone number for duplicate record detection
- The application consists of three (3) distinct components: Client Data Interface, Processing Engine, and Database, each installed on a server at your data center or utilizing Just Associates’ secured data center.
- The interface between your EHR/MPI/EMPI and IDSentry’s Client Data Interface feeds new, changed and merged patient records and demographics in your system to IDSentry through HL7 messages
- An on-demand patient duplicate report lists all pairs identified by IDSentry’s sophisticated patient-matching algorithm specifically tuned for your patient data
- An on-demand demographic update report lists all data changes to identify possible overlaid records, enabling your organization to keep your Master Patient Index system clean